Friday, September 28, 2007

Dinner out!


Tonight we went out to dinner with another mom who is here in Kaz to adopt her little girl. She has been a life-saver for us! She has helped us tremendously in more ways than I can express. This afternoon she tooks us for a long walk around town and showed us a few different things to do/places to go in Astana. It was a beautiful night with a gorgeous full moon. Thanks to her we had our first actual dinner that was not pizza, pasta(cooked in our apartment) or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! It is a little intimidating to go to a restaurant here without an actual recommendation or guidance because a lot of the restaurants don't have a menu translated into English. Even with the English translations, it's interesting to try and figure out some of the items. Horse meat is a standard dish here. No joke. I, for one, am not thinking of experiencing that one! Call me unadventurous, call me unsophisticated...I don't care, Iam not going there!
The restaurant was very cool looking and close to our apartment. We sat outdoors in the large booth you see in the picture. Awesome experience. The food was good too!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please tell me that dog meat is not on the menu...

Anonymous said...

Madison is beautiful!! I cannot wait to meet her. Boo Boo sends her licks. I only have one question?? Did you finally get your clothes washed?

Be Safe.

2831alex said...

Hi Jose and Liz: I am happy you found a restaurant that you like, because eating pizza, and pasta every day for a month, is not fun. I see you are practicing to shange diapers again. I wonder if she eats all that mash potatoe and ground beef that was in the plate?... and if they change the menu? Muchos besitos. Mami

Baby Kaz Moore said...

Hello, I'm Susan from Austin, Texas. Madi is absolutely beautiful!! I can't imagine the emotions you're now feeling. Again, thanks for letting me share in your joy and journey. I hope to be in Kaz by next April. I wish you all the best. Safe travels.