Wednesday, September 26, 2007

We are in Kaz!

Sorry it has taken a few days to post. As I write this we are at an internet cafe because they have been unable to set up our internet connection at the apartment. They will try again tomorrow. At the internet cafe everything is in Russian! Even the instructions on our blog are in Russian. I just wrote a very long post and then hit the wrong button...because I had no idea what it said because it was in Russian (getting the drift?) and everything was erased....augghhh! We don't have much time because our driver is about to pick us up...no, it's not as glamorous as it sounds...we have a driver because otherwise it would be a disaster and our wonderful agency knows that! So, we have a driver. Okay, enough about that. What you all want to hear about: Our Madison!

Madison is doing GREAT! She is just a little buddah baby, soooooo chunky! She has the best disposition! Just like her mom! HA! She just smiles and coos and laughs constantly! She is soooo very sweet! We get to spend 2 hours a day with her at the babyhouse. Those 2 hours fly by! Today we were able to feed her! That did not go so great as we made quite a mess! They give her mashed potatoes and ground beef...and she has no teeth...not a single one! She also drinks tea...yes, they give her tea...from a CUP!!! Not a Bottle! She slurps away from her cup and makes these cute sucking noises...not very polite, but we will teach her some manners when we get home. AND give her a bottle, or two!

Madi rolls around from her belly to her back and visa versa! She is not yet crawling, but soon she will be. She sort of pivots around to get stuff around her. She loves they toys we brought, particularly the musical ones! She does not yet sit up by herself, but almost...she can stay up for a second or two. I have even seen improvement in that since we arrived. Today was the 3rd day we were able to visit with her.

I have so much more to say, but we don't have too much time today. Promise to fill you all in soon!

We miss you guys so much already! Alex, I miss youVERY much and I love you incredibly!!!!!
I tried to post pictures a few minutes ago and the computer shut down. I will try again after sending this post!

Love you all!
Jose and Lizette

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear all this...it brings tears to my eyes!!! We are so far and yet feel so close...can't wait to see her, hold her and of course squeeze her. Give her a big kiss from all of us. Looking forward to hearing more!
Big kiss and lots of love!
Mongi

Unknown said...

Finally.......... This is so wonderful, TEA????? don't worry Madi will be drinking cafecito with espuma real soon.............. If she takes after her BIG sister she will be eating croqueticas toooooo.
Congratulations, oh wow!
Love and kisses
Isis & Estela

2831alex said...

Hi Mom and Jose: I am so happy to see that you are learning so much Russian that you may read the instructions in the internet to send E-mails. It is very funny that your little daugther is eating "picadillo" and drinking tea...pretty soon we will teach Madi to eat " Arroz con picadillo" Alexandria and I can't wait to see her, Alex brought home a bag full of clothes for her and she asked Milady to wash and press them and hange them in the closet for Madi. We love you and we can't wait to see both of you and Madi, we wish you could bring her now when you come back. Love, Mami

Jodi said...

My little Kaz cutie is down for his nap so thought I'd check in on you ... so excited to know you are there and visits with Madi are going great! She sounds adorable.

Congrats and continued good wishes. Enjoy your time in Kaz - it may not seem like it some days, but once you are back home you will miss it!

Take care
Jodi

Anonymous said...

my cousins, i opened up the blog just now not expecting to see any info. because tia told me you were having troubles connecting. To my surprise... I found the most adorable pictures. I am so emotional about this that I am in the office crying. Needless to say, my whole office knows about Madi.
Que cosa mas linda. she is beautiful. you guys look so happy and that is wonderful. Thanks for sharing this experience with all of us.
I love you so much....
Mid

Unknown said...

Liz and Jose:
The photos are great,you guys look so happy and rested and Madi is contagiously happy. What a wonderful sight. Bonding has occured, it is so evident...She feels your love-languaje not necessary.

Love Gisela