Monday, September 17, 2007

Less than a week to go

Well, it's Sunday night...no, actually it's almost 2am, so it's Monday morning! The weekend flew by and although we accomplished a lot, there is still so much to do. We have been lucky enough to find some VERY kind and generous people who have either already been through this process or are also still going through it. They have helped us tremendously in our preparations. Their advice and tips on everything from what kinds of toys the kids like to what to get as gifts for the orphanage and court personnel, to what is or is not available in Kaz... just sooooo much information has been shared with us. I am amazed at the overwhelming generosity of people we have never met, people we know only through the Internet. If you are reading this blog and are one of the people I am talking about ....Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Our agency, World Partners Adoption (a/k/a WPA) has also been wonderful and I have been told by everyone who has used them in the past that they are particularly FANTASTIC when we are in Kaz. So, we are extremely happy with our choice of agency. I really do think it makes a huge difference when adopting from Kazakhstan that you have a great agency. SOOOOOO happy that we do :-)

I may not get around to posting much this week, unless there is some new development. I will probably post again right before leaving to Kaz...for a whole month...I am going to miss all of our family and friends so much. But most of all I will miss my daughter, Alex, like crazy!!! Did I already say that in a previous post? I'm going to go cry now!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I will be watching your blog everystep of the way!! I'm so happy and excited about your journey for Madi! Happy Travels!! ;-)

2831alex said...

I know... it is not one week, but only two days and you will be leaving to see Madi. We are going to miss you a lot. Love, Mami.

Anonymous said...

Albert and I can't wait to meet Madi! You'll see how fast four weeks fly by. Looking forward to your blog updates! Be Safe :) XOXOXO

Amy said...

We are thinking about you, Jose, Alex and Madi as you get ready to leave on this fantastic journey to complete your family. We are so happy for you all and can't wait to meet Madi!

With love from,
The Del Castillo's
XOXO