Thursday, September 13, 2007

TRAVEL DATES...and SOON!!

It was confirmed today...we travel to Kazakhstan on Saturday, September 22nd! We fly into Almaty arriving on the 23rd at about midnight. On the 24th we have a meeting with our in-country coordinators and then fly to Astana that same day. I am not sure if we will meet Madi on that day or the next. OMG, I can't believe it is finally here! As it stands right now, we will not be returning to Miami until October 22nd...yes, 4 weeks away from home, away from Alexandria. I want to cry. I am going to miss her like CRAZY!!! We have never been away from eachother that long :-( I wish she could go with us!!!! She will be going for the 2nd trip, which should be about 2 weeks after we return.

We are going crazy with all the travel preps, paperwork for our visas, packing, gifts, making sure our bills are all paid before we leave...the list is too long to detail here.

Gotta run...will update again soon!

2 comments:

2831alex said...

Jose, Liz and Alex:Madison eyes look a little like her father, and the mouth is really pretty, I can't wait to meet her. I love you and my two granddaughters. Love, Ale

Jodi said...

Thank you for allowing me to journey along with you! Madi is beautiful and I promise you all the waiting will be so worth it once you hold her in your arms!!

Good luck with the packing and prep and get ready for the trip of your life!

Best,
Jodi (Owen's mom)