Friday, October 12, 2007

Dinner at Marina's

Tonight we were invited by Marina to her home for a home cooked meal!!!! It was delicious!! It was so wonderful of Marina to invite us and cook this incredible meal for us! Thank you Marina!!!!

Also, after a bit of a lesson about Kazakhstan and it's people, there is something I need to clarify. In a previous post I had said that Marina was from Kazakhstan and so "a Kazakh". However, Marina's family is from Russia. Although she was born in Kazakhstan, she is not considered Kazakh because she is not of Kazakh descent...she is of Russian descent. So, I learned something new. I explained to Marina that for us, Americans, it is different. That since I was born in the USA, even though my origins are from Cuba (or Spain), I am still considered an American. I would also refer to myself as Cuban, but no-one would say that I am not an American, simply because my origins are from elsewhere. It's an interesting difference in how they view their nationality now that Kazakhstan is an independant country and no longer part of Russia. She thought it was funny that I would say she is Kazakh!



This is Marina's adorable son, Arthur. Jose decided to also do a "kikiriki" to him. He looks really cute, doesn't he?????
Arthur loves cars!!! He is 2 1/2 years old and speaks a few words in English.
We had a great time tonight with Marina and Arthur!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: