Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Our last Tuesday in Astana

The end of the first trip is quickly approaching. This week is moving very quickly and we know that it will not be easy to say "paka paka" (bye-bye) to Madi on Friday. I was able to feed her again today. She let us all know when she had had enough by loudly and forcefully spitting out her last bite. That was when the caretakers said that she didn't want anymore and it was okay to stop feeding her. Personally, I would have stopped a few spoonfuls before that when she would close her mouth firmly...but in the past they have insisted that she finish ALL of her food. Go figure! I can't wait to get her home and be able to follow my own instincts on feeding and everything else! I keep having to remind myself that she is not technically ours, yet!
Jose says he is ready for Court. He has been practicing his speech since before the weekend. I wish we could have the whole thing videotaped. I haven't asked, but I doubt highly that will be allowed. Some Judges will not even allow pictures inside the Courthouse. The Judge we are supposed to have on Thursday does allow pictures after the hearing is concluded. I hope that doesn't change.
So, it was just another day inside the babyhouse today.
It's always fun to hang with our Madi!!!




Here Madi is once again looking at her "Who loves the Baby" book with our family pictures in there. She likes to look at it, although sometimes she just wants to put it in her mouth and chew on it!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I know is going to be hard to leave Madi, but just think is only temporarily, that soon you will be home with your precious baby Madi and Alexandria. Jose is going to be fine his speech will be perfect.I can't wait for the 18th, please let us know as soon as you get out of court ok. Love you Cary

Unknown said...

Madi looks so comfortable in your care. The judge will just look at the pictures and see all the love...He might say,"just take her home, now". Hey, you never know?!
Give Madi a yummy kiss from me.
Love you guys,
Isa

Anonymous said...

Mongi, I'm going to have to have another baby just to join you and Madi in play groups!! You look like if you are having tooo much fun without me!!!
Miss you!
ILY