Monday, October 1, 2007

No Madi Sundays

Yes, I know, it's quite disappointing for us too that we cannot see Madi on Sundays. It is the highlight of our day every day and so this day, Sunday, was not so great. We did go to the Kazakhstan Historical Museum here in Astana. That was pretty interesting. Our interpreter, Malika, was very informative and gave us a wonderful history lesson that we will pass on to Madi one day.
I have had a bit of a cold, which I think I caught from the babies (they all seem to have colds since we arrived). So, after the museum we went to the pizza mall (below) and took a few shots of the area. Then it was back to the apartment to try to sleep this cold away!



This is the Pizza Mall. I don't think that is the official name, but that is what our interpreter calls it. They have a pizza place that serves pretty good pizza. We seem to be eating a lot of Pizza here. Anyone headed to Astana, if you like Pizza, you will be fine!





Here I am looking rather BLAHHHH! I did not feel too well at this point and it is VERY obvious, isn't it? Interestingly enough there seems to be a sign for Nine West behind me. No idea what else it says, but apparently there is a Nine West store in town. If only I were in the mood for shoe shopping... Speaking of shopping, there is not much to be done here. Not that I have found. What there is seems to be of inferior quality than what we would find back home and more expensive. Not a good combination. We have bought a couple of hats for Madi and some typical Kazakh things for her like booties and a wall hanging for her room. That's about it. We have been looking for things to bring home for big sister Alex, but have yet to find something I think she would like. Don't worry, Alex, we will keep looking AND you will be here yourself soon to check it all out!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: